Customer Reviews (H:9.5" Models)
These have been the best cages for us hands down. I am super impressed with the system as a whole. So any criticism I have is minor. Assembly was a breeze. We bought three systems: brooder, grow out and breeding. Each system was a three stack. We found assemble a whole unit in just under two hours. The assembly videos on the companies website are great. I will be buying more from this company.
We live completely off grid and depend on solar/battery storage for any electrical. Even with running two incubators and these heaters, my system is not stressed! Fabulous efficiency.
- [ ] I really dislike the water system on the brooder and grow out. It is super hard to access on the lower cages for adjustment. Since it is in the back, it is hard to monitor if the birds are using it successfully. We moved it onto the side wall and it has worked fantastic. Easy viewing, adjusting and troubleshooting.
- [ ] I wish there were clear doors or grate you could snap on and off as needed for the holes where the feeders are accessed. Since you do not use these trays for the first two weeks or so, it would be nice to close them off. I have had new chicks jump out into the tray and not be able to make it back inside. We hot glued plastic cards onto the front to stop access to the feed tray. This also saves on the heat escaping. We left the sides of the cards unglued for ventilation, gluing only the corners.
- [ ] I like the mats kept in the brooder until roughly two weeks, but I leave one mat in for them to "take refuge on" for a week after I pull the first two. When the chicks are new, I top it with shelf liner for even better traction. I get no splay legs using this method.
- [ ] Two feed trays and two waterers are not near enough for each compartment. Boasting at 35-55 quail capacity during the first 2 weeks/per layer, I was filling food and water 3-4 times per day. I will be buying more.
- [ ] I really wish you could find a way to keep them stackable, but each section easily removable so you could power wash between brooding batches without dismantling the water system and prying them apart.
Thank you for the review, Stacey. We appreciate you sharing your tips and how you customized your cages - The Hatching Time Team
So far very happy with this set up. It shipped very fast and has everything you need to get started.Have over 90 quail chicks in it now & have only lost 1. It came boxed well & in good condition again with everything needed except good instructions. That's where you must watch the videos that they will send you. If you follow them it goes together in no time and their customer support is very good if you need help.Again "watch the videos" for assembly. Some folks have said that pieces are a little warped, and they are, but warming them up in the in the sun for a bit helps greatly. I am going to give it 5 stars but a few minor problems 1) in the box instructions bad, 2)wish the doors were a little bit taller to make access easier 3) ventilation could be a problem in hot areas but have been told can replace some pannels if you feel they are needed. Overall very happy with the unit & the customer support is great. Would recommend it to anyone for a go to complete brooder. Hope this helps answer any questions on it. Thks HT
Thank you for the review, Marc - The Hatching Time Team
The brooders have everything u need for the baby quail from feeders to waterers and no need to spend extra money the only thing is that they sit to low on the ground if they could have a leg system would be even better but i was able to fixed that issue whit some 2x4 pieces of wood and build a stand for the brooders so now they are high enough and work great I really do recommend them money well worth spent.
Israel, thank you for your review of our Chick Brooder - that has everything you need. A stand, bench or table is a great solution. Thanks for sharing. The Hatching Time Team