Customer Reviews (H:9.5" Models)
I have a love-hate relationship with this cage.
What I love about it:
1. It is the best brooder that I’ve ever had. There are no sharp edges. Easy to assemble. Easy to clean and sanitize. Does not rust!
2. The chicks are easy to see, easy to feed, easy to deal with.
What I hate about it:
1. The plastic doors keep breaking at the hinges.
2. I struggle with the watering system, it is hard to adjust and it leaks.
3. I do not like that you cannot close off the spaces that the feed trade goes in front of. I ended up modifying pieces of plastic to slide in there.
Thank you for sharing your review, Stacey. If you need any additional assistance, we can be reached at (800) 511-1369 Monday - Friday 10 am - 6 pm ET
What a great investment! definitely takes time to build, but well worth it. Ordered it and received it in less then 24hrs. Our little chicks are loving life! Cleaning is a breeze, takens alot less time to clean the mess. Looking forward to growing my dream family owned farm and hatchery. We will definitely be making more purchases from this company!
Thank you for the review, Danielle. We love that your chicks are loving life on our chick brooder - The Hatching Time Team
These brooders are well laid out. Heaters function well. The mats are interchangeable (so I pull out one a week when it comes time to wean birds off heat). I find that you need to wait till at least day 5 to move baby quail into these brooders. Otherwise the chicks get stuck in the feeder tray and get too cold (and die) - they are not too smart. After day 5 or so, they are big enough to figure it out! These brooders save me a lot of time cleaning, because all you have to do is pull out black mats, spray them off, and put back in. No more messy pine shavings!
Thank you for the review, Jennifer - The white trough covers can be flipped over to close off the trough opening - The Hatching Time Team